Monday, October 6, 2008

Kongregreat

In the interest of full disclosure, I would like 
all you dear readers to know that I have, in fact, 
been living under a rock, in a deep, dark cave far 
beneath the ocean floor. Now that I have that out 
there, I have a question for you: Have you heard 

For my fellow underside-of-a-rock dwellers, it's a 
in various genres. What makes it way cooler than 
any of the myriads of other Flash gaming sites out 
there, though, is precisely the same thing that 
generally makes me choose a 360 version of a game 
over PS3 when given a choice: Achievements! Oh 
yes, nerd points, you keep me coming back. As if 
Flash-based games weren't addictive enough, 
Kongregate implements one of the neatest features 
of the 360, bringing the achievement-hunting, 
point-accumulating addictiveness of Live to the 
browser game.

To be clear, I've never been the achievement whore 
type. I might check out the list of Achievements 
beforehand just to get an idea of what to expect, 
but I've spent exactly no time in the specific 
pursuit of any certain Achievement. I like the 
idea of just playing the damn game for the game 
that it is, and if I unlock any cheevos along the 
way, then hooray! I think this is close to what 
Microsoft intended when they first implemented 
them. And I've managed to rack up 4000-something 
points over the past couple of years by playing 
this way, which isn't too shabby.

Now if you'll excuse me, my Kongregate account is 
anxiously awaiting my arrival at Lvevel 2.

boox

1 comment:

Manic said...

If uhh, their card game ever goes up... I won a grand playing it in a tournement at pax 07. I will challenge you to a duel. and we will see who the victor is, booxatron.