Wednesday, September 10, 2008

To-crack-o

I got an iPhone about a week ago, and suddenly I feel like Jesus. I can manifest all the world's collected knowledge with a simple wave of my hand, no matter where I happen to be at the moment, and it's goddamn sleek. I can't turn water into wine with the thing yet, but I hear they're working on it.

I downloaded a free game for it called Aurora Feint: The Beginning, and it's addictive. It's basically Tetris Attack meets RPG meets awesomeness. Kind of Puzzle Quest-ish. And apparently an update in the future will implement MMORPG elements. Though I've managed to avoid MMO's for the most part, I certainly understand the allure. MMORPG's, as I see it, are like tobacco products; you can quit them for a while, but you always keep coming back, even if they're not as great as you remember them being. You just need that fix, even if it's nothing more than mindless grinding or loot collecting.

And Tetris Attack, as I've mentioned before, is the crack cocaine of puzzle games.

So essentially Aurora Feint is some ungodly mixture of crack cocaine and tobacco, and sometimes you just want it straight into your veins.

No comments: